Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Things Around The Farm

Item ThumbnailI wrote about learning to knit in "Starters" and thought I would post a picture of my finished scarf.  My mother-in-law is staying with us and is an avid knitter and quilter so I will be learning more techniques soon.

Item ThumbnailWe have been getting more snow, thankfully just enough to dust the ground.  As I have walked around the farm I have been noticing footprints.  I first thought I had found rabbit or squirrel tracks, the more I looked at it, the more I realized they were deer tracks.  Rather large ones at that.
Item Thumbnail

The other tracks I have been seeing are from a cat, possibly two.  I see the tracks all the time, but have not seen the cats up close.  I'll keep them around.  Hopefully they will keep the mice population down.

Item Thumbnail
Midnight
We have also gained another cow, who has a black calf, named Coal.  Our first cow, whom I have named Daisy Mae, has been showing the new cow, Midnight, who is in charge.
Item Thumbnail
Midnight is in the background, Daisy Mae and Moonbeam  stay close together




  I am looking forward to spring.  If for no other reason than to experience a new season on the farm.
Until then.  Sending love from the farm.  oxo






1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and your fabulous knitting project! Good Work, Gretchen!!

    ReplyDelete