Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pictures of the Blizzard

As many of you know we were hammered by a blizzard this week.  I thought I would show you some of the drifts we have around the farm thanks to 16 inches of snow and a lot of wind.
Item Thumbnail
the wind blew the snow through the smallest crack into the barn
Item Thumbnail
The cow and calf  came through the storm just fine


Item Thumbnail
The drifts were all around the truck and van  


Item Thumbnail

the grain shovel I used to clear out the snow behind the vehicles










Item Thumbnail
I love the sunshine




Item Thumbnail
this drift is almost 7 feet tall



I hope you all were warm and survived the storms and have a great week.  Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. WHOA! THAT's Some SNOW!!! I'll bet the wind sounded amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure did. The blizzard made me think of "The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    ReplyDelete