Friday, April 1, 2011

Company Comes

Item ThumbnailToday being Friday means it's Laundry Day.  As my dear hubby was at work, Travis and I took over the kitchen.  He made peanut butter thumbprint cookies with my homemade jam in the print.  I made sourdough bread and chili.  Our weather today was "fooling" with us as we had sun, rain, and snow--perfect weather for warm, fresh, bread and chili.
Item Thumbnail

About the time my mother-in-law and I finished prepping the peppers, onions, garlic, etc. for the chili she got a call that her sister was coming for a visit.  I was so grateful to have picked up the house earlier this morning!

Item ThumbnailWithin a half hour sister P. and her daughter A, arrived.  Travis and Arliss were playing a game in the TV room so we went into the "book room."  With hot tea and Travis' peanut butter cookies to nibble on, it was time to catch up with each other.

Occasionally, I would get up to check on the loads of laundry and the simmering chili while the ladies visited. I joined them later with my knitting in hand so I could continue working on a new scarf.

While my mother-in-law sat in the rocker and crocheted, she and her sister told family stories.  I felt honored to listen in as they remembered different things about their "Little Grandma."

When dear hubby came home from work, we all sat down together for dinner.  It was a great way to end the day.   By the time the ladies left, there was only 1 peanut butter cookie remaining.  I hope we can get together again soon.   Until then...

Sending love from the farm.
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment