Sunday, October 2, 2011

An early October afternoon

The past month has been busy here, which means blog writing has hit the back burner.  It doesn't mean that I haven't been writing blog entries in my head, it just means that I have not been writing them down.

The wind blows through the pine trees, sounding something like a child blowing over the top of a pop bottle.  I love the sound of the birds chirping and singing in the trees, the finches fly from thistle to thistle getting nectar from the waning plants.  The breeze is cool while the sunshine is warm, a perfect mixture for a sunny fall afternoon.

My garden has been modestly successful. The pumpkins have matured and Arliss and Travis each picked one today.
Arliss FINALLY gets to pick his pumpkin
Travis picks one of the many we grew this year

Sunflower seeds maturing



Another zucchini awaits it's fate as zucchini bread...




The mommas are doing well, chewing cud, lounging in the fall sunshine, just enjoying a lazy life. The calves are easily half the size of their mommas.

The mommas taking an afternoon nap
The soybeans are almost ready for harvest and the last hay has been rolled into the large bales ready for the cattle to eat in the winter.

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures from my early October afternoon.

This makes me think of the "Been farming long?" pictures

Sending love and pumpkin kisses from the farm,
oxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment