Sunday, July 15, 2012

48 hours

This past week Travis and Arliss went to stay with my folks.   They went swimming, fishing, and helped set up and work the garage sale my folks had over the weekend.  It was a lot of fun and a definite change from the farm.  My folks neighborhood has been around for over 60 years so it's a bit more relaxed than the newer subdivisions, but it also is different to wake up and know whether the neighbor's are home or not, just by the sound outside your window.
Once I got home from getting the boys we settled back into the usual evening routines. My hubby had the TV, Travis caught up on Facebook and Arliss took my iPad to watch a show or two on Netflix.
So much for family "catch up" time.

At 10:30 p.m. Travis let Rufus and Rover outside for one last time before bed.  Within a few minutes I could smell a tell-tale scent of "yuck" coming from Rufus.  The dogs had been sprayed again by a skunk.  Since Travis let them out I made him help me wash the dogs.
As we washed Rufus, who is too big to fit in the laundry sink, the floor drain got clogged from his dog hair.  Travis used his foot to clear the cap cover only to have the metal sheeting on the floor cut his big toe.  Yesh.  After alcohol wipes, Neosporin and some gauze, his toe seems to have survived.

Finally everyone goes to bed for the night and the dogs stay in the cellar for the night... just in case they smelled a bit.

Church morning usually means slight laid back, slight crazy.  The boys start moving and we are on the way to drop off hubby's truck at his work before we all head to church.  On our way home we drop off hubby and the boys and I walk around Walmart and then go to the Goodwill store nearby.

Back home we get a call asking if Travis wants to spend the night at a friends.  Off he goes to camp out and Arliss and I stop at a drive-thru for an ice cream cone as the heat has been turned on again outside.

The ducks are now fully grown as I mentioned and hubby and I are on egg watch.  We know that the first few eggs will not be very big, but we need to keep our eyes open for them.

Arliss and I went outside to watch the sunset and on our way back in he is startled by a 2 1/2 foot garter snake moving right in front of the back door.  We watch the snake work his way along the foundation of the house, looking for insects or a small frog.  Beautiful creature.

Now it's nearly bedtime again.  I pray for Travis to be safe as he sleeps at his friend's house and for Arliss who has already fallen asleep on the couch next to me.

Rufus and Rover nudge me to go outside "one more time" only to have Rover tree a raccoon.  Really??

I am still waiting to get some rain.  We had a sprinkling this week, but not enough.

I hope you have a great week.  Enjoy some pictures.

Sending love and sleepy kisses from the farm.
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment