Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hank

So many amazing things come into our lives, if only we would pay attention.  With our new home and adventures we have opened our eyes to new tastes, smells, and surprises.
We have fresh mulberries on the trees all around our property, juicy, full of flavor, and the perfect treat during busy days.
My oldest has found old (100-year-old) bottles, jars, and even a thermos as we have cleaned our new home.
My youngest has found all many of animals and reptiles, which are his favorite things.
Yesterday, I learned that they-and we, have been fully blessed by our new neighbor, Hank.  Hank is older, like a grandparent, and full of wisdom, laughter, and stories.  Much like my treasured grandfathers. He has taken us under his wing, sharing his tools, stories, and insight with my family.  And especially my boys.
We had a powerful rainstorm and the wind blew down the corn stalks in Hank's garden.  So Hank and the boys worked together and stood each corn plant up and packed down the dirt around the stalk.  After hours of work, he treated them to ice cream in our nearby town.
I love it.  I love how we have met blessing after blessing on this adventure. I hope you are able to see and appreciate the blessings around you today.
Sending love and mulberry kisses from the farm,
oxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment