Thursday, July 2, 2015

new house adventures

We moved into our new house last week.  It is full of boxes and projects and potential.  Travis has already set up his workshop and Arliss has already found his first garter snake.
It feels like home.

I love waking up and seeing the barn out of my window- a symbol of our heritage.
 I have grown accustomed to the birds who begin the alarm at 4 a.m. to say, "The sun will be dawning in one-to-two hours!! Be prepared! Be prepared!" I forgot how loud they can be after a year of apartment living.

 I have many different kinds of birds flying through my yard, singing from my trees and reminding me that every day is a day worth singing about.

One of my favorite parts of this new home is the discovery of treasures. The previous owner left behind a set of silver-plated silverware, the Queen Bess pattern (c) 1946. 

Now my set isn't as shiny as the picture above, the previous owner of the house didn't spend his time keeping things in the best condition.  But I love the history in the box I found.

Each day is a new discovery, I can't wait to share more with you...

sending love and kisses,
from the new-old homestead.
oxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment